Tuesday, July 29, 2008

update

Alright, so its basically been a month since I've left home, and surprisingly I'm not as homesick as I thought I'd be considering this is the longest I've ever been away. It definitely changes day to day.. and last week it was pretty brutal. I'm living in buttfuck Brazil, and sometimes just thinking about it.. it's pretty amazing. At other times, it sucks major balls because there's shit all to do here.
Last week sucked, this week has been pretty good so far.
Being away from home has made me realize that it's the little things that make all the difference. A couple nights ago some of the boys had some of us over and they made pancakes for us for dinner. It totally picked everyone up being able to eat food that was familiar and being together.
A couple nights before that one of the host families for another pair of guys went away for the weekend, so we went over to their house, hung out in front of the fire, and watched music videos (michael jackson, spice girls, backstreet boys, the village people, abba with some random brazilian bands) and had hot chocolate.
You can only lie around in bed and read for so long.
It's also been raining a lot, so taking walks are sort of out of the question.
At the end of the week there's a festival coming to town - Mercomix, so I hope to be able to get some shopping done.. if there's anything you want my to bring back for you, you should let me know to keep an eye out for whatever it is for you!
I'll update again soon! (I hope.. and hopefully with pictures!)
Tchau!

1 comment:

Annie said...

shop for me bitch.
hahah luvs u.