Friday, September 11, 2009

Yay, I finally have internet again!
I have officially whored out my soul for the sake of money. I handed in my application to Starbucks last week. I am willing to work 5am mornings selling coffee made from the poverty of small-scale farmers, go to class and learn about how horribly these people live and come up with various unfeasible solutions, come back and work 5-CL shifts selling clothing made by the painstaking work of poor people who have no choice but to work for less than 1$ a day at H&M.
In exchange for this blatant selling of my soul, I promise to use the money I make to bring down the evil entity that is Starbucks (after gaining useful insider info from working there), to stop shopping at Wal-Mart, and to dedicate my life to various demonstrations, sit-ins, and other potentially law-breaking behaviour to change society's useful and wasteful ways... all from my nouveau apartment in Montreal.

This week I had to experience the very real pain of seeing an amazingly full bank account (enough to cover 3 months rent +) go down to $0 within a matter of SECONDS paying York University so that they can purchase UNECESSARY TV screens for the library and central square and these cool looking golf carts for the janitors (groundskeepers WHATEVER) to ride around in. Someone needs to tell me why I need a TV hanging from the screening around every corner telling me the time and the weather for the next 3 days. AND now we also have a Fall reading week. An extra week where we will not be in class learning things, so you would think that this week of no classes should make tuition less... but instead it looks like it went up. If York was a person, I would slap them.


EDIT:
sooooooo i just had a phone interview with CWY for position on their board of directors. i hate the phone. aughhhhh. awkward phone interviews. idk idk. i hope i pass this partttttttttttttttt ahhhh.

No comments: