The FAA line is great, there are a lot of pieces that aren't done any justice from the pictures on the site, and although some of the dresses didn't fit too well on me, I'm sure they'll look great on someone with a different body type. The smaller sizes were in high demand, and by the time I got there (7:30 - the party started at 7) all the size 2s and smalls in the mens pieces were gone. This was the first press party I've ever gone to, and I was entirely impressed. The food that was being passed around was great, with waiters and waitresses winding around racks of clothing with trays of mini-burgers, lobster skewers, bacon grilled cheese, feta and watermelon skewers, finishing off with chocolate dipped twizzlers, ice cream sandwiches and candied popcorn - all delicious, and bottles of Smirnoff ice, Heineken and Stella. Free food and free alcohol. How can I hate? I ended up leaving 2 tanks, a rain poncho and a pair of shorts, as well as a festival kit that was given to me with purchase and an umbrella that they were giving out at the door.
I have to say, H&M knows how to treat people. Must be a Swedish thing, because Lord knows how much I love Ikea, and how they have masseuses on hand for employees during the Christmas rush.
Here's a picture of what I ended up wearing tonight, which also doubles as showing off the white silk blouse that I scored at Value Village on Monday. I wore a blazer on top of it (because thin white material + rain almost always = bad news), and white plimsoles that were pretty much soaked through by the time I got to the store from the parking lot. Rafay and I also got our picture taken by the event photographer at the party (with our chocolate covered twizzlers!!), so when that picture goes up onto the site, I'll post it here too.


1 comment:
I want your legs. Nice outfit, very chic! *thumbs up*
Post a Comment