Thursday, May 29, 2008

mens wear #1: If I was a boy.

Recently someone asked me to do a post on mens wear?
Why they'd ask me, I don't know. I haven't even done a post on women's wear yet.
I had no idea where to start, but I've always said that boys have it pretty easy.
Plus we all know that I am stuck on a particular type of aesthetic.
Anyways, I started searching for pictures and examples and decided to split it up into 2 parts.
So here's part one.
If I was a boy this is what I would wear:



Finally, a reason to use polyvore!
What a good use of 3 hours of lecture time.

To me all you need to do is to throw on a v-neck and some skinny jeans, as pair of nike dunks or plimsoles and you're good. Want to class it up? Throw a vest over your v-neck and trade in the shoes for a pair of brogues and a fedora. Accessorize with a necklace and a messenger bag/man purse and you're gold.
The addition of a straw fedora helps these outfits transition into the summer. Pops of bright colours in shoes and accessories are also good.
The outfit in the middle could probably be teamed with a pair of single pleat shorts (technical term for this?), cuffed and ending just at the knee and a pair of boat shoes. I'm thinking either staying with black or a light khaki colour if you ditch the cardigan.

I think I would dress better as a male.
But this is a whole other story...

Part 2 with some real life examples coming next.

(then it's less fashion and more art/culture/music I promise.)

No comments: