Hey Maggie,
Yeah I know sometimes it's hard to buckle down and do what you need to do. I know what it's like to lose focus in the middle of doing something. I know how frustrating it is.
Sometimes you have this long stream of thought in your head. It's sort of foggy and slightly unformed, but this seed of an idea is there. You know it can be amazing if you just turn it over a little bit, flesh it out, adjust it where needed. You just need to focus on it a little bit. But you don't. You start, but it gets frustrating. You know you can, but you won't. Maybe it'll get easier if you just let it sit on its own for a little while.
But it doesn't. It's still there half an hour later (maybe after scrolling through ONTD), unformed, floating in your mind, still full of potential. 2 hours later, (after going through lookbook, the fashion spot..) no change. You know, you know that all it takes is about 5 minutes of heavy thinking, 2 minutes of scribbling it down on paper, and crossing it out, adding a word or two. But you're hungry, thirsty, need a break from the computer. Maybe if I go and have a snack, I'll come back energized and ready to attack what needs to be done.
It goes on and on and on.
In your head there's this huge list of things to do. Thinking about it causes heart palpitations. So, you don't think about it. Maybe it'll go away. (It never does.)
Check facebook 50 times a day.
The list gets longer.
An exam on Wednesday? Worth 40%? Have you started studying? No.
It's only Sunday.
But how much will you get done on Monday? Don't you work on Tuesday?
Do you want to graduate?
21 credits to leave York, can easily turn into $500 wasted, an F on your pristine transcript (that you are oh so proud of), and 24 credits to graduate.
Don't you also have a proposal due Thursday? And a presentation?
I think I'll take a nap.
2 hours later. It's 7pm - time for dinner.
You think maybe blogging about it will help.
I know you know that you have shit to do. Just do it. Get it over with. FINISH. Go to Montreal this weekend and celebrate getting SHIT DONE.
Just do it.
...
It's 8pm. Time for Gossip Girl.
I'll get it done after the show.
I promise.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that episode wasnt even that good!
Post a Comment