Wednesday, August 5, 2009
what a time it was, it was
I always find deserted houses incredibly beautiful. Looking at them, you can't help but imagine all the sad scenarios that may have happened in order for these buildings to be abandoned. There aren't too many houses like this around here... although I've seen a few in the Mississauga Rd area that I'm dying to explore, although I'm not sure that's an entirely safe idea..However, there was definitely a dirth of houses like these in Manoel Viana, there was a street that had one run-down, abandoned building for every one that was occupied. I remember (stupidly) going into one and going from room to room with some people. It was the creepiest thing, although the roof was off in most of the rooms and it was in broad daylight, and walls between most of the rooms had crumbled, I couldn't help but be on my toes everytime I turned a corner in case someone or something was hidden in the room. There were some interesting relics though (besides the used condoms thrown in corners...), broken down toilets, an old kitchen table, smashed dishes, a broken down wheelbarrow in the backyard. It was like walking through the shell of someone's former life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment