Sunday, May 11, 2008

Robyn + The Kills

So this past week I went to see Robyn (yes, Robyn as in "Show Me Love" and "Do You Really Want Me" Robyn) and the Kills with Rafay.
I was not a big fan of Robyn, there was something about her breathing that put me off (yeah, I know), but upon arrival at the Phoenix and sitting through the horrible opening band (okay, like two songs, both of which sounded the same, and were kind of downers) Robyn came on, and put on one of the best shows I've seen in awhile.
I have been converted.
I believe in Robyn.
The music is really good too, if i can get over the breathing thing. Plus she's enlisted the help of The Knife, and I love The Knife.
Why are the Swedish so great?
In the world "Cool Olympics" I think the French and the Swedish are one to one.

The next night I went to see The Kills.
Another amazing show. They blew me away.
This is what rock is supposed to be like.
Jamie was a complete stud on guitar, and Allison is a total babe.
They have this manic energy on stage, and amazing chemistry.
It almost made me feel uncomfortable, watching them.
I would be worried, if I was Kate Moss. But then again, it's Kate Moss.
"if you were kate moss you would spend all day staring at how beautiful and amazing you are and thus not worrying" - Jessica

Robyn and The Kills are on heavy rotation right now, and will be for awhile.



(Okay, don't judge ATL being in the top 3. I went through their albums last night for the feelings of nostalgia it brought.)

I pretty much spent most of today youtubing The Kills videos.
So, here's a couple of videos and an interview that they did for east village radio.








No comments: