Monday, May 26, 2008

seasonal inadequacies

As the weather gets warmer (even if it's for a day), I feel myself yearning to pull out the shorts and the tanks, and showing as much skin as is possible all the while staying classy.
And as I shed the layers, only wearing one or two at a time, my body is revealed for what it is and not what it might look like under piles of clothing.
Maybe I'm just not used to looking at myself so um 'exposed', but I'm definitely feeling the pressure to lose my winter body and work myself into the summer.
I hate looking back at pictures taken during summer vacation and seeing that I look like a blimp.
(Why do you think no one has seen pictures of me from my trip to london/italy/spain 2 years ago?)
I feel gross, and I'm sure it comes across.. time to start eating better and get more sleep.
No more sojourns at Tim Hortons till 5am. No more juice, no more iced tea. No more eating my way through a 3 hour lecture.



No comments: